- To provide an update on fungal infections affecting the feet and lower limbs
- To provide an overview of what happens to samples from podiatrists and chiropodists when they are sent for mycology testing
The course is run over half a day (4 hours)
The course is aimed at podiatrists or chiropodists who wish to up date their knowledge of fungal infections affecting the feet and lower limbs.
Typically 10-12 people
Fungal Foot Disease (1 hr: Lecture)
- A review and overview of fungal foot disease, looking particularly at nail disease and tinea pedis. Topics to be covered include epidemiology, clinical presentations, clinical and laboratory diagnosis.
Overview of processing of samples, microscopy and culture identification (45 mins: Video & Demonstrations)
- An overview of how samples are processed for mycology testing.
Case Studies (1hr: Interactive Discussion)
- Case studies looking at decision making in managing patients with superficial fungal infections
Discussion and Q&A session (30 mins: Interactive Discussion)
- An opportunity to ask general questions and discuss any issues arising from the previous sessions
The course costs £72 (inc. VAT), which includes all course materials and refreshments.
To be arranged
To be arranged
If you are interested in attending the course, please email Dr Ruth Ashbee or phone 07532 307357 for further details of venues and dates.
<<Return to the top of the page>>